Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week One

Rosemarie Reid, MHS, MSS, LSW. 

Trying to start your own business in scary and daunting.  There will always be a million and one reasons why you cannot do it now, or why you need to wait until the right time.  Others will dissuade you; however, often you will be your biggest enemy.  Fear of failing has been my biggest enemy.  However, I have decided to put all the energy and money that I can into this business to make it work.  I have been putting energy into working for others for years and now it is time to put that same energy into myself.  I hope that you all will support me and assist me in my endeavors, as this is something I have wanted to do for the last ten years.

Week one, I have begun with paying for a url, which meant creating my own webpage, www.formetalktherapy.com.  I also subscribed to a membership to psychology today, https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/302216.    I also designed and bought my own business cards and letterhead. If anyone has suggestions for other free advertisement please let me know.  I was able to get client forms and screening tools off the web.  

In addition to setting up these two items I created my business e-mail: formetalktherapy@gmail.com.  I set up a free advertising on YP marketing solutions, http://www.yellowpages.com/philadelphia-pa/mip/for-me-talk-therapy-530554013.  I also have a business number where clients and other therapists can reach me, 267-388-4909.

A little about Rosemarie the therapist.  I am a licensed Master's level Social Worker talk therapist.  I graduated from Bryn Mawr College, Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research with a Master's degree in  Social Services, May 2016.  I have a second Master's in Human Services from Lincoln University; I graduated May 2000.  I have been working as a Social Worker since 1993.  

I have experience with the elderly, homeless population, women issues, children and youth issues, and child welfare issues.   My audience and specialties are Anger Management, Trauma, and PTSD issues.  I am well versed and able to provide therapy and/or counseling on the following disorders:  Anxiety, Behavioral Issues, Career Counseling, Chronic Impulsivity, Coping Skills, Depression, Grief; and, Parenting, Self Esteem, Self-Harming, Sexual Abuse, Suicidal Ideation, General Teen Issues, and Elderly Persons Disorders.  I provide individual as well as group therapy.  I have been running an adolescent trauma group for over six years for the Department of Human Services in Philadelphia.  I am currently under the supervision of a Clinical Licensed Social Worker who has post graduate experience of 15 years.  

I have a client focus on African-American, Other Racial or Ethnic Background but I certainly can provide therapy to anyone.  The specific ages of my populations range:

  • Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
  • Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
  • Adults
  • Elders (65+)

My Treatment Approaches include: 

   Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)


Though I am not able to take insurances I do work off a sliding scale fee which ranges from $25-$100 per session.  Check out my websites and my pages.  I would love to hear from others in the field and how we can help one another in this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment