Saturday, September 10, 2016

Why Choose Rosemarie Reid for a Therapist...

Who am I?  

Hi, I am Rosemarie Reid.  I am a lincensed master’s level social worker.  I graduated from Bryn Mawr Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research with a Master’s in Social Service, May 2016.  I also hold a Master’s in Human Services which I obtained in 2000. I have been doing social work for 22 years since I graduated undergrad. I have experience working with the elderly, the homeless population, women issues, and mental health.  I also have 15 years of experinece working with children and youth through working at the Department of Human Services (DHS) children and youth division.  I have run therapeutic groups for 7 years through DHS for children who have been sexually abused and for the non-offending parents who have had to deal with the aftermath of the abuse.  

I am currently working on getting an additional license which requires me to provide 3000 hours of counseling and will allow me to bill insurances. 

Areas of experience: 

Trauma, PTSD, sex abuse, sadness and grief, career counseling, life coaching, elderly mental health issues and elderly transitional issues, homelessness, anxiety, and depression.

What is my target population?  

I offer individual and group counseling. Adolescents, adults/parents, and the elderly.

What do I hope to gain or what is my goal?

My goal is to use my degree, licensure, and experience to begin counseling people as private counselor primarily servicing the African-American population.  I realize there is a need in our communities.  I come with a gift to speak openly and honestly with individuals while allowing them to feel empowered, not judged, and promote good mental health and emotional health.  I will be supervised by a licensed clinical social worker with over 30 years experience.  Other than this disclosure to my supervisor regarding counseling sessions, all counseling sessions will be confidential.  

What would be the benefits of using a therapist who is under supervision?

  • I will always be required to follow all rules and protocols as described by the social work code of ethics.
  • I will be privy to a supervisor who has been doing individual and group counseling with over 30 years of experience.

  • I travel to my clientele.  Zip Codes: 19131, 19130, 19132, 19143, 19139
  • The cost of counseling by a fully licensed counselor or psychologist is anywhere from $100 to $250 an hour.  My cost will range from $20 - $100 depending on the individual’s ability to pay. Ask about pricing packages.
  • You will have the benefit of a therapist who is willing to put all her energies into a good therapeutic relationship that will ultimately benefit the client therapist relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment